Sunday, September 21, 2008

Attempt at happy thoughts

Okay, so a colleague of mine who is much more cheerful and funny has inspired me to steal ideas from her blog and write something that makes me happy each day. I don't know that I'll actually post each day, so I'll just post something I'm grateful for or that makes me happy each time I post.

At the moment I am quite sad, though. It's only September and already I've had to help a mom tell her daughter that dad committed suicide, call in a child abuse report about a little one being hit by his family, and today I got to visit a little guy in the hospital who just had half a lung removed and is probably going to die. I have to tell his classmates tomorrow that he's sick, and try to help his sisters cope at school.

So...what makes me happy today? I walked race for the cure. Today I am happy that my family is safe and healthy. I am happy that my work makes a difference in people's lives. I am grateful that I work with amazing people who are so dedicated and compassionate, and that my family is part of an amazing community with people I like and respect, and whose values I share.


No comments: