Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Prayers and secret notes

Today as I awoke I was feeling exhausted, and down. I was thinking "how can I take a mental health day," because I couldn't imagine making it through the week without some solitude and rest. So I decided to pray. I don't usually find this noticeably works when I am depressed, but I was inspired by the mom who I helped tell her daughter that the dad committed suicide. And, I always want to improve my spiritual connection. So...I asked for energy and a positive attitude. To my delight, about 20 minutes later I felt amazingly better.

Then I thought about how I could spread this positive energy. So today I began a secret campaign to inspire others at my work. I started writing anonymous notes to co-workers about the wonderful things they do, and how lucky our school is to have them. I tried to pick people that others wouldn't necessarily compliment. I tried to be very specific to who they are in my compliments. I am going to have to pay closer attention so I can get to everyone in an authentic way, without being found out. I haven't heard their response. That would be a fun thing to be privy to. But...I am hopeful that it made them feel good.

Today I am happy about answered prayers, and secret notes of appreciation.

No comments: