Sunday, November 16, 2008

Stress and Stray animals

Okay...so I took the plunge and let a few select friends know I'm writing a blog. We'll see if they come read it.

Recently I went to visit a student in the hospital...a different one, and what do I find in the parking lot? A stray cat with teeny tiny baby kittens. Because I don't have enough stress to deal with. Eddy's work just recently laid off 2/3 of the Portland office, and REALLY want him to stay on, but he has to move to Ohio. For now, we are stalling a bit. But back to the hospital...KITTENS! I call the humane society to try and get them some rescue, and the lady tells me there's no one in Portland who will help. So, I ask, "is it better to leave them with their mama in the garage, or take them to a safer home without mama kitty?" The lady so very helpfully replies, "I can't tell you that ma'am. You have decide for yourself." Oh, thank you very much!! So we try and we try to get mama kitty to come, but she won't. Meanwhile she's left her kittens. So...because I seem to attract animals who need rescuing when my life is in stress. I am now the new mama to some teeny tiny kittens who need bottle feeding at 4:00 in the morning. Yikes! Here is a picture:
My children have named them Skye and Angel. My mom who is allergic to cats wants to keep one. I am in love, but also exhausted and ready to be done. Anyone out there looking for a new family member?

Meanwhile, it has been a year since my beloved grandpa passed away, and I find myself teary-eyed and emotional...dealing with the grief of the anniversary. We are still trying to sell his house and get out of probate. And tomorrow I get to go to a crisis response training all day on the subject of... GRIEF. Yay:)

Snuggling with tiny purring kittens makes me happy.

1 comment:

Nonickname said...

I am so sorry that happened to you in regards to the kittens. I have a friend here in Seattle who works with a volunteer group to rescue abandoned cats and kittens around the u of W. Sometime she has up to four foster cats in her condo. It is a very small organization, but so helpful, I am sorry that you couldn't get more help with this.