Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sick kittens and cozy beds

So...the kittens are sick. One has pneumonia and the other a hernia where the intestines are coming out the tummy. The vet so helpfully said to feed them food instead of kitty formula, but the one will only eat out of a dropper no matter what we try. The little one may die, and I am very very sad. Plus, the sweet little girls are actually boys. Now we can't stop saying "she," and we have to think of new names.

On the flip side I spent a good chunk of my day helping families who are struggling by getting them assistance for the holidays. I felt especially good about helping a family who has only one piece of furniture in their entire apartment get beds, bedding, clothes, and food.

We all have so much to be thankful for.

Tomorrow I get to hang out with my counselor friends at a counselor meeting, and go to lunch with my bff Linda:) Then try to play catch up...so very much to do. I am a little overwhelmed by the thought of Thanksgiving preparations. The thing I am most looking forward to is Friday...where I hope to spend the entire day in bed, sleeping. HOPE is a grand thing.

Okay...I'm totally boring you, I can tell. I'll try harder next time!

What I am most happy about today, is my warm, soft, beautifully cozy bed...waiting for me to climb in. I am so completely grateful to have one!Photobucket

1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm so sorry about the kittens. Certainly not what you need right now. And congrats on helping those families. What a nice reminder of the important things in life. Have a great Thanksgiving and good luck with all that catch-up!